Welcome to our home learning page! We are collating resources that our pupils can complete at home, some independently, some with a little support. Many of these resources are already very familiar to our children. As we are currently operating one school ‘on site’ and another for children and staff who are self-isolating, the resources here are just a starting place. We are therefore trialing a range of approaches to find out what works best and expect this to develop as we learn together.
Our key message here is:
“Please, please, please keep reading” - the more the better. We are really hopeful that the children will continue to make the excellent progress they have already made this year.
Children should aim to read for at least 25 minutes a day - either sharing a story or reading to an adult. From Y2+ children can access their Accelerated Reader Quizzes to check their understanding of the story
Please build in daily time to practice number fluency (through Numbots for KS1 and Timestables Rockstars for KS2). Additional learning in Maths will be accessible through our Google Classrooms.
- Times for their live class meet and live lessons (these are recorded and uploaded so you can also access them at a later time if needed)
- Lesson links for any recorded lessons with resources and activities to complete. These are an equivalent to lessons being taught in class.
- Reminders to complete daily TTRS or Numbots, and daily reading.
- Teachers will give feedback and answer questions at live meets or through the chat (please remember they are also teaching in class, but they will answer as soon as they can).
- Class story time
- A daily meet - usually story or Rhyme time
- Activity ideas for home learning which are similar to those being taught in class
- Links to lessons (eg Read, write inc for Reception children)