We proactively encourage our children to contribute to our wider community in order to develop their understanding of the need to support others. We do this in a wide variety of ways, such as by taking part in Haltwhistle in Bloom and undertaking tasks such as litter picking. Our children also fundraise for their chosen causes each year. In the past year we have raised:
In preparation for the 2020 Olympics, we raised £2034.90 through a fitness day for the charity Inspired through Sport. This enterprise provided over 400 GB athletes with funding as well as access to a number of services that aid them on their journey to success.
We raised £1015.45 through a jump rope for heart event. Thank you to everyone who took part.
We are currently fundraising to purchase an invention shed and play equipment for our new primary school site. Could you help us to reach our target before we move in next term?
We also ask our school community to support our school PTA events. These are published in our school calendar and newsletter. Parents, staff and the wider community also support Haltwhistle Academy PTA through the following schemes:
My School Lottery
This lottery has been set up specifically to raise money and make a difference for our children!
It's a fantastic way to bring Parents, Carers, Teachers and the wider community together, in partnership with our school, and at the same time give something back. We hope to raise funds that can support and enrich the education of our children - we aim to provide extra resources for the children, improve the school environment as well as run extracurricular activities such as music, art and sport.
Currently we are raising money to create and improve the play facilities at our new Primary School site, which we will be moving to in September 2020.
Your support is greatly appreciated and we wish you good luck!
The Giving Machine
Now you can generate free donations for our PTA every time you shop online via TheGivingMachine. Sign up and get started now or browse the huge range of shops that are participating. Every purchase will help us meet our target to buy the children an Invention Shed and improve our school playground equipment. Thank you for your support and happy shopping!
Our Amazon Wish Lists
Occasionally our parents or wider members of our community offer to support our school by donating a needed item. To make these donations straight forward, we have created wish-lists so that you can see the items which are needed, or select something your favourite items.
As a school we make the most of every penny and have managed to make our budget stretch further being successful in our grant applications:
- We will receive £15000 from Karbon Homes to creat a play on the way waiting space outside school for our children and families.
- Haltwhistle town kindly sponsor our patron of reading and her name is: Margi McAlister
- We received £3200 from Blue Spark for our Hadrian’s Cycle Challenge Project. This has funded bikes and helmets for cycling challenges.
- Thanks to Haltwhistle Town Council for their kind donation of £500 which has purchased Ambulance Mini Medics Uniforms.
- Read for Good books prize of books to the value of £1000
- Through a BBC novels project in collaboration with Haltwhistle Library, we received books to the value of £200
- We were successful in our £500 bid for waterproof gear for our Forest School from Ernest Cook
- Thanks to Haltwhistle Gardening project, who donated £100 towards a trolley for our Forest School
- £160 sponsored by Vision for Education - ‘Equalities’ stories for our library